Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Chow-down weekend

This is too funny. I have spent my weekend eating with friends--God Bless them. It started with Southern BBQ w/Richard on Thursday. We went to Red Bones in Davis Square. They sat us by the kitchen counter--after a 30min wait--where we could see all the action. All the cooks were Latinos, of course. According to Richard one of them was smiley friendly to me and that's why we got the free Buffalo Shrimp & Catfish appetizer. It was funny, all of the sudden he hands me this plate and I say, "We ordered this? We didn't." The guy was just like, "Here, here, take it, take it," so I did. :) Friday night, after a failed attempt to get a table at Veggie Planet, Molly, Anne and yours truly went down to Irunha in Harvard Square. We had an ok Paella and wonderful conversation as always. Saturday, it was Melissa C's birthday so I took her to this Dominican restaurant in Lawrence calle Bali. We pigged out. First we had a Presidente and a Bali picadera, which is fried meat (chicharon, longaniza, chicken, beef, etc.), plantains and salad. Our waitress was kinda flaky but very sweet. It was a nice time to catch up and talk about lots of stuff, from work, love, careers, people, everything. I love that girl. She's so genuine. She also let me taste this herbal remedy thing for stress and I think I'll be getting it. I seem to be getting stress-induced migraines lately. Arggg...

moving on, Sunday, I went to church with my brother's friend and my sister. Afterwards, we stopped at Tripoli's for some good Sicilian pizza and cannolis. It was yummmm....
Finally, Monday--a holiday with no work, Yay!--I went for sushi at Inaka with Eunice. It was a good late lunch and of course the owner of the place could not go unnoticed with his jokes. He's this funny--sometimes borderline obnoxious Korean dude who every time I go there HAS to say something about something. At one time I remember having a pimple and the went, "What happened to your nose" or something like that. It was funny, I don't remember what I replied I said something I thought was funny but came out a bit mean. He he...

After all that eating, I'll try to have a healthier week in terms of eating. Let's see how that goes.

By the way, I'm so excited about my French class. I can't wait!

No comments: