I know, I know. I've been a little MIA from the blogging action but I have valid excuses. I think. The month of June has been great. It started with a nice trip to NYC where I got to reunite with some awesome--and I mean awesome--college friends and some other people. It was lovely to see everyone again after many years and be able to hang out while catching up on all the changes that we as humans go through. It was quite a refreshing trip although I had to give my poor liver a month vacation after all the fun. ;) I have posted some pictures below. I think they're fun...
On another note, I got a promotion at work so now I am--as my dearest Annie calls me--jfb mgr. I am one of two department managers and that is just too weird. It is going to be a somewhat challenging experience that I am welcoming with open arms. People have been extremely nice and receptive, especially my colleagues who were my peers before but now I am to supervise. It is going to be an interesting transition but a positive one I believe. The past couple of weeks have been draining just because I am still carrying my old workload while we find a suitable replacement for my old position. Overall, I am very happy and looking forward to the professional growth that this will bring me.
It's that time of the year again and I am looking for new housemates/apt. I know I said I was not going to move again in a while but I guess I can't keep my promises in terms of that. In my previous life I must have been a gypsy, I tell ya. It is taking its toll on me and I am extremely tired of doing this every 10 months. It feels as if I should just plant my roots somewhere and stay there. That is the only thing that's making me sad for some reason and although it is stressful it's really not that bad. There is something about having to pick up again and leave that confronts you with how vulnerable one can be when there's not true home for you. I'm probably channeling other frustrations into this but it is, as I said taking, its toll on me. I'll be OK though. :) The prospect of moving in with new people and learning new things from them as well as sharing our living space sounds very exciting. It's a bittersweet experience.
Well, that's it for now but I'll try to keep this updated as often as possible.
Besitos!
