Saturday, July 03, 2010

the joy of [lend]ing

I just got my Kiva lender report last week. It gives details of the loans I've made and the percentage pay-back received thus far. Whenever I get these reports I just feel so happy, not only because people are paying money back which I can lend to others but because it makes me feel that there's still hope for humanity. There are people who have good intentions and don't just want to run away after you extend your hand to walk with them. I just feel so happy to see how these small entrepreneurs across the world hold their end of the bargain with dignity. It makes me smile!

Manuel from the Phillipines has paid me back 50% of the loan as well as the DR Group 1. My Ghana group has paid 66.68% and DR Group 2 has paid 64.16% Yay!!

No comments: