Saturday, August 13, 2005
De regreso...
Last night I went to see a really cool show at the BCA Theater. It's called Slanguage and performed by Universes, an ensemble of performers from the South Bronx. Lots of movement, word, rythms and ghetto-life anectodes filled with hope, anger, and reality. It was good. I went with Blair. She is pretty fun to hang out with. We had a great conversation while having frozen yogurt at this South End cafe. By the way, I'm offically addicted to Carro Cake frozen yogurt--but only from Podima Cafe or Armsterdan Cafe, until I find another place where they make it the same. :) Despite the box office giving me the wrong time and we having to kill two hours because we missed the first performance, it was worth the wait. They even mentioned some of my favorite US-Latino poets like Miguel Piñero. I liked it. This is my third time going to that theater this season. I'm planning on getting a membership. Let's see how that goes...
