i went to see an Aljadaqui show last night. they're a dominican rock band that has quite a following within the dominican community. i like their music and it was entertaining. although i have to to say that some of the lead singer's manerims came across a bit machista and/or disrespectful towards women in a way. i don't know why i feel that way but it's something i kept coming back to through the whole performance. i was right in front of him and maybe I was just reading too much into to. it's weird because i don't know that I like them as much as before I saw them. this was my first Aljadaqui concert but i think it was more detrimental than good. so ironic. anyway, at least I got a free t-shirt. he he (*_*)
on another note, my housemates took me out to dinner today for my birthday. I'm stuffed. we went to this small sea food restaurant near our house and it was delish. i love their crab cakes. they're such good people. i lucked out with them. i mean there are things that one has to adjust when living with other people but overall it's pretty good. God is wonderful.
i have to teach ESL tomorrow and that gets more exciting as the days go by. i love my students and seeing their dedication. looking forward to it.

No comments:
Post a Comment