God has paid us the intolerable compliment of loving us,in the deepest, most tragic, most inexorable sense. It is natural
for us to wish that God has designed for us a less glorious and
less arduous destiny: but then we are wishing not for more love
but for less.
Pretty interesting, no? I thought so. It's amazing to think that one can be loved so deeply and strongly by such a Being. If we could only keep this in mind every time something goes wrong, right or whatever, our state of mind would be in complete nirvana. But, of course, we only wish to be loved less I guess. The bible says that angels wish to be like humans; to be loved in such a way by our Creator. I imagine that they long to have had Jesus die on the cross for them. There is so much pain, passion and love in that act, and to be reminded that such love exists for me, makes my days much better. And I hope to embrace my 'glorious destiny' with such passion every day.

No comments:
Post a Comment