Lately, I have been having a very hard time loving someone. It's like I am genetically predisposed to not love this person. It's even harder when this person is in a position of authority above me and not only do I have to respect him but as a spiritual authority I have to respect him. In order for me to respect him, I have to muster some sort of love from somewhere. However, I'm struggling big time. He is so clueless of what he does; he is so clueless of what he doesn't do. I keep asking God to give me love. I also asked other people who have had issues with him in the past for "indirect" advice. It just isn't working. It's the most frustrating thing. The worse part is that he keeps doing things to make it feel like I'm justified. On the other hand, I have God telling me that I have to respect him; that I have to love him... love him!!! What the heck? The person stills my joy whenever I see him. It's like an automatic reaction because I always see him as looking for something to benefit himself and that is just wrong. It's wrong to feel that way because he can't possibly always be looking for some gain. I'm just really hoping that I see some good in him. I know he has it; I'm convinced. I just don't' see it.
It's weird when God tells you clearly that you have to love someone even when your very core tells you that you just don't want to. It's a struggle and God doesn't forget to remind you at moment that He is always right. He uses other people to do so; he uses your own mind even if your heart is stubborn. I have prayed, a couple of times, for God to change my heart. At the same time, I feel that one of the reasons why this is happening is because if I let this person have his way, I'd be taken advantage of. At the same time, I know I am being taught a lesson here but it's not a very pleasant one. In any event, I hope that God hears my prayer and allows me to let go of this "caution" which sometimes seems to be turning into resentment. I do not want to do that because I know this person has good points, and probably even good intentions deep down past his emotional, egotistical needs. he he. :) Also, I am very afraid that I may internalize some of his habits and reflect things that I find completely not kosher. I do not want to emulate that aspect of the leadership I see and that worries me constantly. It's all about love. If I can't love him, even his bad parts, I can't truly appreciate who he is, in his entirety. Oh, God, please. Let me develop a deep, filial love for this person so that I can see you through him and see your work in him regardless of what I think of the strategy. Please, help me be more tolerant of him and his ways. Please help me see what I'm doing wrong that doesn't allow me to change my feelings. Please take over and change what needs to be changed. Please help me love him.

No comments:
Post a Comment